As many of our members are taking their LAMDA exams in a few weeks we thought we'd share our TTW Top Tips for line learning.
1) Repetition, Repetition, Repetition - It may be boring but the more you go over and over your lines the more chance your brain with have to absorb them, especially if you do it just before bed!
2) Embrace the highlighters - use different colourful highlighters to pick out your lines and stage directions on a script, this helps you to see exactly which lines you need to learn and helps you to visualise them when trying to recall them later.
3) Record yourself - reciting your lines onto a phone or iPad and then listening back can help your brain to remember things better.
4) Practise with others - if you're learning a duologue then having your partner over for a practise will work wonders for your lines. Even if you can't practise with a partner or if you have a monologue, performing to someone else will help you to focus on your lines and will prepare you for performances.
5) Move it around - learning lines alongside your direction often helps cement everything in your mind. Your brain will associate the lines with muscle memory and it has the added bonus of making sure that all your blocking is all correct too!
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram too!